Helpful
Replies

Configuration Guide for Remote Access VPN on 2800 Router

thomasandy32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Please have a look in the attached Diagram

I was having a internet connection on router-B and remote access VPN was configured. Due to some extra load on router-B company got a new router 2800 series with 1 serial and 2 fastethernet,and a layer 3 switch Now the internet link has been moved to Router-A, i don't want to move all the vpn configuration to new router. But i want the VPN access from internet passing through Router-A to Router B,

I have scope of public IP range one for serial connection i.e /30 to ISP and the other is between ISA and the internet router /29.

I know i m doing a big mess in design here,actually i want to make the Layer 3 switch  in use,that's it,

For as simple i would have do just shift the vpn configuration to router-A and connect to ISA and that's all,but the consultant has made a mistake by proposal of layer 3 switch.

Please provide me the link or document for configuring Remote Access VPN on 2800 series router if the above scenario does'nt work.

Thanks

Message was edited by: thomasandy32

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Thomas

If the existing router is of cisco model why dont you try to replicate the config onto the new one?

If thats the case you need to make sure that you are using the correct ip schema being configured/depolyed in the new router.

also refer the below link for more info on configuring VPNs with various scenarios.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

But i would suggest you to take the initiative of cleaning up the mess instead of building more mess on top of it. if proper consulting report or a design doc has been given to you would suggest you to follow it and can post here for more queries.

its not wise and I wont be just adding stuffs to the existing network which is already a trouble for me.

regds

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card