Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM client device config

network_moi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On CSM Client >device> Access rules is showing the old config and not showing the active running config. Where as tools>preview configuration show me the running config.

How do I make the csm client show the running config.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If out-of-band (OoB) changes were made to the device (perhaps from the CLI or another tool) you may need to rediscover the device so CSM's data is up-to-date.  Right-click the deivce in question and choose 'Discover Policies on Device...'

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Ya Most of the time config on the ASA is done via putty.

On doing Discover Policies on Device I am getting the error as attached.

Thanks,

Raj

Raj;

When managing devices with CSM, it is expected that all configuration changes made to the device are made via CSM.  Any changes made via PuTTY will not be reflected within CSM without first re-discovering the device's policies.

The screenshot does not indicate a specific error, only that policy objects alreadty present in CSM were re-used with this device.  For the yellow triangle items, you will need to highlight each item and reference the matching description pane.  But from the overall status, the discovery was completed successfully with three warnings.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

I have deleted the device and rediscovered, now on config archive it shows only the latest config, but I dont understand from were is the csm reflecting the old config.

Any related doc if u can tell.

Thanks,

Raj.

Every time you deploy with CSM, after the deployment CSM will do a "show run" and keep an archive of the config.

In the next deployment CSM will compare the archived file with the current config and that it how if finds the Out Of Band (OOB) changes.

In order to chose what CSM will do with OOB changes you go under Tools > CSM Administration > Deployment > OOB changes and you can chose Skip, Ignore, Cancel.

I hope it helps.

PK

Hi PK,

I did this but no change its warn, skip and cancel. I selected warn then also no change.

I don't understand y this box is showing me the very old config.

let me know if u need any more info.

Thanks,

Raj

You had said that CSM shows the latest config after the discovery. In the archive there is also the config from previous deployment as we explained.

I am not sure I understand your current issue.

PK

Yes PK,

In the config archive, I can only see the latest config (Only one config file), but in the device config display on CSM client I see the old config.

Can u send me the doc related to this problem.

Thanks,

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card