Views
Helpful
Replies

1900 series and DSL cards?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I have a router that someone wants me to configure. They're going to have a T1 card and 2 DSL cards in this router for 2 different providers. They want to be able to load balance traffic between all 3 providers. Is this possible to do with these routers?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

j.blakley wrote:

All,

I have a router that someone wants me to configure. They're going to have a T1 card and 2 DSL cards in this router for 2 different providers. They want to be able to load balance traffic between all 3 providers. Is this possible to do with these routers?

Thanks,

John

John

If you want to load balance between 3 connections simply use 3 default-routes, 1 for each provider.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I think my question was too basic

My main question was if the router would be able to handle that many cards. I'm still unsure what DSL card they're getting. I've never configured a DSL card before, and I've seen some configs that show ATM interfaces, and some that don't. Is that dependent on the type card? I'm waiting to hear back from them on what card they're getting and if it's a single or multiport card.

If they're running PPPoA, what would I need to get from the provider to get it set up? The pvc information?

Thanks!

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

j.blakley wrote:

Thanks Jon. I think my question was too basic

My main question was if the router would be able to handle that many cards. I'm still unsure what DSL card they're getting. I've never configured a DSL card before, and I've seen some configs that show ATM interfaces, and some that don't. Is that dependent on the type card? I'm waiting to hear back from them on what card they're getting and if it's a single or multiport card.

If they're running PPPoA, what would I need to get from the provider to get it set up? The pvc information?

Thanks!

John

John

Ahh okay. If you use PPPoA then yes they will provide VPI/VCI information which you need to configure on the router. That much i do know. However DSL is not one of my strengths so not sure to be honest about the rest of your question. I'll have a quick hunt around but hopefully Paolo will come along sometime soon

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card