Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 6500 Virtual Switching System VSS

harry.hambi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The company I work for is about to install VSS, I have been reading various documents on the web on the subject.

I was wondering if anyone out there who has actually installed & used VSS is willing to share their experiences?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Rgds.

Harry.

3 Replies 3

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Harry,

I have been providing support to one of my customers who has deployed a VSS in the Core and Distribution Layer on its Data Center. From what I have experienced until now, the VSS environment has provided a HA infrastucture with no capacity limitations and no issues at all until now. The MEC are working really fine.

If you want any specific information, please let me know.

Regards.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Harry

Based on my experience with VSS i would suggest you to go through compatibility matrix for the below things

- Line cards

- Service Modules

- OS in Service Modules

Before you start getting into actual implementation you better check through the prerequisites of having VSS with respect to the line cards and other service modules like FWSM/ACE etc.,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/products_tech_note09186a0080a7c837.shtml#req

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1053927

I have had a instance of running through rough weather because of the above points (a year back though :-)).

regds

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.....the two links look very comprehensive, no doubt some late nights reading through them.

Rgds.

Harry Hambi

Portfolio Delivery Line, Network and Broadcast

SIEMENS

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Limited.

Room 2066 Television Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ

E-mail: harry.hambir@siemens.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card