cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC OOB

hey,

I am new to NAC and i have to implement NAC OOB in my project

i am confused over somepoints

1. When i boot the NAC appliance can i directly access the web gui or do i have to go through

cli and configure e0 first and then access the gui?

2. user role mapping do i have to map tat with my switch role or vice-versa?

3. vlan mapping- i have to role base port profiles for assignment of the vlan from unauth to access vlan right??

please it would be a great help. thank you

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Nitesh,

1. You have to configure it first through CLI so it can get an IP address. When you initially boot a CAM or CAS, it will walk you through the config script. If it doesn't for some reason, you can always launch it by using "service perfigo config" command from the CLI

2. Roles are defined in the CAM, not on switch. The VLANs however will be defined on the switches.

3. Unclear on the question but I think the answer is yes?

In any case before you start off on this project I would highly recommend you go through all the chalk talks on this link to give you a good idea of how to design and implement CCA: http://bit.ly/chalktalks

HTH,

Faisal

hey,

no actually i wanted to know that do we have to map our user profile with switch profile?

like we do in posture assesement

secondly, those are just audio, no video is coming...

Nitesh,

No, it's not like the posture assessment piece. User profiles and Switch profiles are separate.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: