cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS Version Capability

mjgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to determine if this IOS image (s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXI) has full EIGRP capabilities.  When I use the Cisco Feature Navigator it says this IOS has both "EIGRP" and "EIGRP Stub" listed.

I know that this image (s72033-ipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXH3) is advanced IOS and can do full EIGRP.  In the Navigator tool it also lists "EIGRP" and "EIGRP Stubb" listed as well.

How can I find out if the s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXI image has full EIGRP capabilities?

10 Replies 10

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

This image does support Full EIGRP.

Have a look at this paper for details:

http://www.ciscosystems.or.at/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6970/ps6017/ps9673/prod_presentation_12_2_33_SXI.pdf

HTH

Reza

The link does not work.

I did look at that document previously.  Based on what it says, if I can assume that "base" in the name of the IOS truly is a base image, then this IOS image (s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXI) only does EIGRP stubb routing.

The only reason I was question the image name was because I didn't see why someone would want a base image on a 6506 with a SUP720-10GB.  I figured all versions of IOS images for a 6500 with this type of SUP would be able to do full EIGRP.

mjgoodman wrote:

I did look at that document previously.  Based on what it says, if I can assume that "base" in the name of the IOS truly is a base image, then this IOS image (s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXI) only does EIGRP stubb routing.

The only reason I was question the image name was because I didn't see why someone would want a base image on a 6506 with a SUP720-10GB.  I figured all versions of IOS images for a 6500 with this type of SUP would be able to do full EIGRP.

Just did a comparison with Feature Navigator between 12.2-33SX1 ip base and ip services. Both images have full EIGRP support.

Jon

How are you determining this through Feature Navigator ?  I have been in there and it says they both have "EIGRP Stubb" and "Enhanced IGRP" listed as features.  Is this where you are getting this from?

mjgoodman wrote:

How are you determining this through Feature Navigator ?  I have been in there and it says they both have "EIGRP Stubb" and "Enhanced IGRP" listed as features.  Is this where you are getting this from?

Yes basically. You can compare 2 images and it shows what they have in common and what is unique to each image. IP Services has all the features of IP Base + quite a few more such as BGP/MPLS support. However EIGRP was common to both images.

Jon

I'll go with that.  Thanks for your help and quick response.

mjgoodman wrote:

I'll go with that.  Thanks for your help and quick response.

No problem.

Actually, I just found some more information on this.  Both documents state more clearly that IPBASE does EIGRP Stubb only and IPSERVICES does full EIGRP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/release/notes/features.html#wp4783221

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps5460/prod_bulletin0900aecd80281b17_ps708_Products_Bulletin.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: