Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Phone is not ringing (outbound)

Hi,

I am using ICM 7.5.7. I have configured agent based campaign for outbound dialing. When dialer place any call to agent desktop agent can accept it and the call is also going to the customer. Both of they are able to talk each other.

Here the issue is when the call lands on agent desktop the IP phone is not ringing. Can any one help me on this.

Regards,

Ashfaque

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Switch the dialing mode to preview direct. This is by far the superior method for preview.

When you use preview direct, the call is placed from the agent's phone to the customer directly once they press "Accept". This has many advantages, but the main one is that the agent hears all the progress tones at the other end. There is absolutely no point in making the dialer call the customer from a dialer port (VIP30) and then transferring the other end to the reserved agent. When Cisco came out with preview direct, I changed all my customers over to this method and reaped huge benefits.

Try it - you will understand. This is really a must.

We will come back to your other question in a bit.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

isn't Auto Answer turned off by any chance?

G.

Hi Netbakter,

Are u asking about auto answer option on the agent desk setting? If yes then it is selected there.

Regards,

Ashfaque.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

hossain.ashfaque wrote:

When dialer place any call to agent desktop agent can accept it ....

"Accept"? Do you mean exactly that? Pressing the "Accept" button?

Is this preview, or preview direct?

Regards,

Geoff

Isn't this the same as the UCCX dialler? In that the call is offered to CAD, but it's not a call until the agent hits 'Accept', and then it dials out?

The agent's phone wouldn't be expected to ring as that's dialling out.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have never played with the UCCX dialer, but I believe it is only a preview dialer. The UCCE dialer has a number of different modes it can run in - predictive, progressive, preview, preview direct.

I was asking the OP how his really worked. Agree that the phone does not ring - if I remember correctly, the system automatically answers the reservation call.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

By accept I mean pressing the "Accept" button. It's a preview dialing. Please clarify one thing if any call come to agent (for accepting) in preview mode should it ring the agent phone. I my case it is not ringing thats why I am concern about this. Except this other things are working properly. Like if the agent accept the call the agent goes to hold state and dialer dial the customer phone. when the customer answer the call then agent phone changes its state from hold to talking and agent can talk with the customer.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Is the dialing mode preview, or preview direct?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Dialing mode is preview. not preview direct.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Switch the dialing mode to preview direct. This is by far the superior method for preview.

When you use preview direct, the call is placed from the agent's phone to the customer directly once they press "Accept". This has many advantages, but the main one is that the agent hears all the progress tones at the other end. There is absolutely no point in making the dialer call the customer from a dialer port (VIP30) and then transferring the other end to the reserved agent. When Cisco came out with preview direct, I changed all my customers over to this method and reaped huge benefits.

Try it - you will understand. This is really a must.

We will come back to your other question in a bit.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I will check it with my client If they agree I will switch the dialing mode to preview direct.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: