Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logger and AW Database Replication issue

Hi,

I am using ICM 7.5.7. My AW database is not replicating with Logger database. From AW/Distributor server's raplication service I can see that "Connection to server broken on 10.99.15.21(server IP address) using port 40026". For better understanding please check the screenshot.

Can anyone help me on replicating logger databse to AW database.

Regards,

Ashfaque

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ashfaque

Nice working with you today.

Glad that we are able to resolve the issue by chaning the NIC bind order and editing the hosts file to correct ip address.

Due to NIC binding order, the RPL 40026 port was listening on the private interface, but AW was sending request to public interface.

Once the above change is done and restart the logger process, all came ok.

"netstat -a" is very helpful command. You can also filter like grep using findstr like "netstat -a | findstr 40026"

Hope this helps

- abu

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Let's look at the other end of this.

Turn up trace on the "rpl" process on the Logger that this HDS is talking to - set the trace mask to 0xf. I would do likewise on the HDS.

See if you can determine why the connection is being rejected. Make sure you have not installed the Logger with instance number 1. If you have installed and removed, then reinstalled, the number may have shifted from 0 to 1, and so all the port numbers have changed.

To validate HDS replication all you need to do is start Logger and Distributor - you don't need the CallRouter - so, of course, no real-time feed will be established. But the replication process on the HDS and the replication process on the Logger should communicate.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for you reply. Form logger replication service I can see that it is able to communicate with the HDS. Please see the attached screenshot. Can you please guide me how to check the logger's instance number. Should I use sql query for this.

Regards,

Ashfaque

Is that with the trace set to 0xf?

The instance number controls the range of ports used. See the Port Utilization Guide. You can see the instance number in the registry or start ICMSetup.exe from the bin and look at the instance details on the left - press Edit. The number is at the bottom.

Regards,

Geoff

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ashfaque

Nice working with you today.

Glad that we are able to resolve the issue by chaning the NIC bind order and editing the hosts file to correct ip address.

Due to NIC binding order, the RPL 40026 port was listening on the private interface, but AW was sending request to public interface.

Once the above change is done and restart the logger process, all came ok.

"netstat -a" is very helpful command. You can also filter like grep using findstr like "netstat -a | findstr 40026"

Hope this helps

- abu

Hello Abu,

It was nice working with you. And thanks for your quick solution.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

Good to see this resolved. NIC binding order is easy to overlook, because some parts of the system will be working and it will seem that you have it configured correctly - and then you will get to something like CTIOS peer heartbeat failing on a Progger, and you will wonder what the problem could be.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: