cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW DO I UPGRADE AIR - LAP1131AG TO AN AUTONOMOUS

oluwafemibolaji
Level 1
Level 1

Please, how do i upgrade air-lap 1131ag to an autonomous one that will not required buying controller again.

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-    Initially console in to the LAP and issue the ' debug lwap console
cli' or "debug capwap console cli" from the AP# prompt . (This gives us capability to enter the config mode of AP and use it like Autonomous )
-     Now assign an IP address to Fast Ethernet interface of the AP which can be reach from the LAPTOP/DESKTOP .  (Basically in the same range or able to ping and telnet)
-    Download the IOS image: www.cisco.com downloads for 1131AP series.

Cisco.com --- Click on the Support tab in top--- Then click  Download software------ Choose Wireless --- Then select AP from product list-Then choose the AP model - choose IOS image

-    Open the TFTP server (We used TFTP D32 ) (make sure that the TAR file's name is shown as in the web site, because sometimes it gets renamed to "Download .tar" and if that happens you need torename).  Browse the TAR file and select it and click ok.
-     Go to enable mode of AP and enter the command:
-    archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://ip address of TFTP/image for download

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks

do i need to download directly to the access point or to my laptop

Image should be downloaded to the laptop and also the TFTPD32... Then point the image in the tftpd32 and then issue the command

archive download-sw.. (Provided in the previous note) command.

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card