cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where are all the CME menu options in CUE 8?

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

First time installing CUE 8.0.1 and it appears that the CME menu options are missing.  This means I'm unable to modify the extensions, phones, call transfer patterns, etc, from the CUE GUI.  I've searched through docs to see if something has changed with the new CUE 8 GUI changes but never found anything.  Am I missing some config or is this the new way of doing things for CME/CUE?

Thanks,
Dan

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

Are you using a compatible CME version? Can you get to the CME GUI?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.htm

Brandon

Brandon,

Yes, I'm using compatable version of CME 7.1.  When I navigate to the CME GUI, the page comes up but all the links are broke with JavaScriptVoid errors.

Thanks,

Dan

I would recommend that you try to reinstall the CME GUI files.

Brandon

Brandon,

Yeah my CME GUI files were a little jacked up with all caps for some of the file names.  Fixed those file name and so this fixed the CME GUI.  Still not seeing the CME options in CUE GUI though.

Thanks,

Dan

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

"Brandon/All,

Opened a TAC case on this, apparently CUE version 8 removes the CME menu options.

From TAC...."I am sorry to informyou that on CUE GUI 8.0x you don't have the phone and extensionoption any more by default.  This was design to work this way. If you need this option you can log in to the CME GUI or downgrade to CUE 7.1that still has this options on the GUI."

Thanks Cisco...for making our jobs more difficult.

Thanks,

Dan

Wow, that's hard to believe. Did TAC give any reason for making this decision? Thanks for updating the post, Dan.

Brandon

I totally agree with Dan.

For experts CLI is the way to go, but for the customer/admin people CLI might be a little too much. For admin/training matters native integrated GUI serves well the purposes. Cisco tried for years to push native integrated CUE/CME GUI vs CLI – and now a step back.

I see no reasons/drivers for such decision, but is it a bad one. Cisco/product manager has to reassess it.

Cristian

ahalstea
Level 1
Level 1

I have been so thrilled with 15.x from the moment I have heard about it!!! (sarcastic)

Why in the world would you take the best customer friendly feature out of the system?  Is this how we compete with the very GUI BCM  ??

Yes as stated above ... most of the People using this CCME were talked into it from integrators like me who set it all up for them via CLI, and then show them how easy it is to do MAC work in the GUI, I cant even get the CME GUI to launch on 8.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: