cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change default outgoing line

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to cause the phone to use a different outgoing line other than their phone extension line? Specifically a shared line.

Thanks for a response

Stephanie

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi SHeidemann,

Is your system is using PSTN/FXO lines, then yes there is :)

However i do not beleive CCA supports this configuration directly unless it has recently been added to it.

The feature you are after is Trunk Line monitoring, it is a a combination of Dial-peers pointing to the voice ports, and DN's that are associated to those dial-peers (Hope I have worded that right).

I use this setup for people who just do not want to let go of their old key system, so given that the UC-500 can be bent at times to your will, I run the system in both PBX and Key system mode, you can do this in parallel if you configure trunk line monitoring.

If you need the CLI commands let me know, however just wait and see if any of the Cisco reps advise if this can be done in CCA, if it can please use it as the configuration I will give you will not be CCA complaint I'd imagine.

Dave Harper taught me this trick and it works a treat, but it can not be used with ISDN services, digital lines just done work like that, but maybe there is a work around for that as well, not too sure.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

Hi Stephanie,

Ok I wont be able to help you with this one, you are now venturing into uncharted waters for me, Trunk Line monitoring only works on Analogue lines, does not work with SIP or ISDN/PRI services :(

And I have never tried SIP on a key system setup within a Cisco, even if SIP worked on key system setup I can not see that the setup you want will work, but again I havent had to work up a system that would operate in that particular environment.

Sorry i couldnt be of any more assistance :(

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

I'm thinking I need to revert to key system mode to accomplish what this user wants. Key System will work with SIP yes?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi SHeidemann,

Is your system is using PSTN/FXO lines, then yes there is :)

However i do not beleive CCA supports this configuration directly unless it has recently been added to it.

The feature you are after is Trunk Line monitoring, it is a a combination of Dial-peers pointing to the voice ports, and DN's that are associated to those dial-peers (Hope I have worded that right).

I use this setup for people who just do not want to let go of their old key system, so given that the UC-500 can be bent at times to your will, I run the system in both PBX and Key system mode, you can do this in parallel if you configure trunk line monitoring.

If you need the CLI commands let me know, however just wait and see if any of the Cisco reps advise if this can be done in CCA, if it can please use it as the configuration I will give you will not be CCA complaint I'd imagine.

Dave Harper taught me this trick and it works a treat, but it can not be used with ISDN services, digital lines just done work like that, but maybe there is a work around for that as well, not too sure.

Cheers,

David.

Thanks for responding.

I'm having a little difficulty following exactly so a config would be helpful.. I think. Just to help me out here, this system is on a SIP only connection, no FXO's involved. I had everything up fine, until the complaint of not being able to make an outbound call, put it on hold and pick it up anywhere so this customer would like for the phone outbound call to default using a shared line. ( I did explain the pickup softkey option..)  It looks like the keysystem mode will do this,but before I blow it all away and start over again I really need to know that key system works with SIP. What documentation I've found has left me in speculation, there isn't a check under keysystem for "Selection of Sip trunks" Not sure what that means, I'm aware that trunks can mean different things tbetween some providers. There is only one trunk here so I don't need to select a different trunk. The trunk supports multiple lines, I need the default line, or dn, the phone chooses for an outbound call to be the second button shared extension to keep it in PBX mode. So if that isn't possible I'm hoping that keysystem will do this with SIP.

Any thoughts there.

Thank you

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Ok I wont be able to help you with this one, you are now venturing into uncharted waters for me, Trunk Line monitoring only works on Analogue lines, does not work with SIP or ISDN/PRI services :(

And I have never tried SIP on a key system setup within a Cisco, even if SIP worked on key system setup I can not see that the setup you want will work, but again I havent had to work up a system that would operate in that particular environment.

Sorry i couldnt be of any more assistance :(

Cheers,

David.

I made a call into TAC. There is a command line that will accomplish what I need, so things are swell now. I appreciate your help anyway.

Stephanie

Stephanie - please do share what the command was, and if possible, outline the complete resolution to your original problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Luis

The command is auto-line (button-number) under the ephone you want to configure. My customer wanted the line selected to be a shared line as soon as he went off hook. That way he can make an outbound call without any additional button pushing. Put the call on hold and have a lighted button on all phones that are sharing the dn to answer with. It works great for the one line. However I wonder if there is a way to select the next shared line if the first line is in use. Actually I'm using the last rolled line so likelyhood is less that the line will be busy, it would still be more advantagous to tell it the next one to try.

Stephanie

Alrighty never mind. Auto-line is a very restricting command. It would have worked if I could use auto-line (button-number) for outgoing calls and auto-line incoming to answer any incoming line button. Also really need to be able to roll through because what if someone is on that particular shared line, it won't roll to find a different line button.

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: