Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice message as email

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Unity server 5.0 and a CallManager 7.1. Also I have a Exchange server. I would like that when a user receives a voice message in the mailbox also it is sent to him an email with  the voice message  left on the mailbox as an attachment.

Is it possible?.

Someone can help me, please?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK.  So, here's the deal.  You are licensed for voicemail only or Unified Messaging BUT your server appears to be configured for voicemail only.  In other words, the AD/Exchange accounts configured on the server are probably not the same AD/Exchange accounts that users login to the domain with (i.e., on their workstation) and receive corporate email with (i.e., in Outlook).  In other words, Unity is in it's own subdomain of cns.com which is the unitydomain.cns.com.  Most likely your users log into the root domain of cns.com and their corporate email addresses are @cns.com.  In order for you to actually have a true UM environment, users would have to login to the unitydomain.cns.com domain - which is not likely to happen - OR you need to integrate your Unity server into cns.com and also partner with an exchange server in that domain.  There's quite a bit of work involved here.  If you want to know more, we can go from there - but definitely a lot of work and verification to get things set up for a proper UM environment.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is called Unified Messaging.  It is possible with Unity; however, it sounds like you are set up in a VMO configuration...and even then you'd be integrated with an Exchange server.  So, the question is - do you have licensing for UM and are you currently integrated with your corporate Exchange or an Exchange server dedicated to Unity?

Hailey

Hi David,

Firstly thank you for your help.

I don´t understand VMO configuration. What is VMO?

I have 5 Exchange license but I don´t know if this license are licensing for UM. I think  these 5 licenses can also be used as UM licensing.

My Exchange server is in the Unity server. In Unity server I go: Start-Programs-Microsoft Exchange.

Can you help to configure the unity so that users receive voice messages left at the mailbox via  email ?

thank you

VMO = Voicemail Only

The MS Exchange loaded on your Unity server may not be Exchange.  It may simply be the Exchange Administration tools - looks like Exchange but isn't the full blown application.  Typically, in a VMO deployment - Exchange is usually on a separate server.

Send me a screenshot of your license file.

Tell me what Domain the Unity server is in.

Tell me the Domain the corporate Exchange server is in.

Hailey

Hi David,

Thank you for your help.

I send  an attach file ( it is a .doc file ) where  you can see some screenshots of my unity server. Also in this file I send you some screenshots of the exchange server which is in my unity server.

Please, If you need that I send you more information about the unity server tell me.

The Unity server is the Domain: unitydomain.cns.com

I think that the Exchange server is in the same Domain.

Please you must see the attach file.

Thanks and regards

OK.  So, here's the deal.  You are licensed for voicemail only or Unified Messaging BUT your server appears to be configured for voicemail only.  In other words, the AD/Exchange accounts configured on the server are probably not the same AD/Exchange accounts that users login to the domain with (i.e., on their workstation) and receive corporate email with (i.e., in Outlook).  In other words, Unity is in it's own subdomain of cns.com which is the unitydomain.cns.com.  Most likely your users log into the root domain of cns.com and their corporate email addresses are @cns.com.  In order for you to actually have a true UM environment, users would have to login to the unitydomain.cns.com domain - which is not likely to happen - OR you need to integrate your Unity server into cns.com and also partner with an exchange server in that domain.  There's quite a bit of work involved here.  If you want to know more, we can go from there - but definitely a lot of work and verification to get things set up for a proper UM environment.

Hailey