Remote VPN Configuration on 2800 series router

Answered Question
May 13th, 2010

Hi,

I m configuring Remote access vpn for mobile users who will access the corporate from home,

i have attached the  crypto map ABC on the serial interface of the router which is facing to ISP,  So while configuring VPN client on the users laptop in Host field i have to mentioned serial interface IP ???? please correct if i m wrong ??

Thnaks,

Message was edited by: adamgibs7

Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 6 years 9 months ago

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hi,

I m configuring Remote access vpn for mobile users who will access the corporate from home,

i have attached the  crypto map ABC on the serial interface of the router which is facing to ISP,  So while configuring VPN client on the users laptop in Host field i have to mentioned serial interface IP ???? please correct if i m wrong ??

Thnaks,

Adam

Correct, the host field in the VPN client references the IP address of the VPN peer on which the crypto map has been applied.

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Thu, 05/13/2010 - 15:45

adamgibs7 wrote:

Hi,

Thnaks,

Adam

Correct, the host field in the VPN client references the IP address of the VPN peer on which the crypto map has been applied.

Jon

Actions

This Discussion