Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 e-mail after active directory

I need  help, after fully configured "CiscoWorks"
as we  enter the domain controller, but for different reasons we had to  withdraw.
after that, CiscoWorks stopped  sending e-mails, the DFM database is inconsistent.

for example, device discovery DFM I have 98 devices known, but  within groups dfm in notification, it says it has no known device.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are describing what appears to be two separate issues here.  I am unclear as to the details of either.  It sounds like DFM may no longer be sending notification emails when it generates events and alerts.  Is that correct?  Post screenshots illustrating what you are seeing.

The problem  described is in addition to CiscoWorks can not send emails for any  module after removing the domain controller server.

I attach the screenshot of the error, the onall ways in the  state of the devices managed by DFM there are 98 in the state know

When you say you removed a domain controller, what does that mean?  You removed it from where?  Are you saying you moved the LMS server out of a Windows domain?  If so, post the output of the DOS command:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/brcontrol

here is the output

Broker is located at: pconvm002:9002      Started: May 14 09:18:21 2010

Domain Host Name           Port     PID State   Last Change Time
------ ----------------- ------ ------- ------- --------------------
DFM    PCONVM002.cnsv.cl   1334    6660 RUNNING May 14 09:18:41 2010
DFM1   PCONVM002.cnsv.cl   1333    6708 RUNNING May 14 09:18:41 2010

Post the output of:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/resolver.pl PCONVM002.cnsv.cl 

hi joe ,

i have this output.

I need to see the output of the one command:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\resolver.pl PCONVM002.cnsv.cl

hi joe ,

we solve the problem, restoring a snapshot  taken in vmware.
the problem appeared  to be some services that are not raised when
put the server in  the domain controller, because the server attempts to validate the  local users within the domain and how it had not denied access and  registration service is not ascended.
to happen, there  was an inconsistency in the application and database.

thank for all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: