Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 with SIP trunk behind ASA5505

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

I am working with a state agency on an installation for a UC540 in a remote site.  The UC540 will handle all voice data for LAN users on site, but the client wants to create a point to point VPN to allow these remote workers to access data on their agency network.  They are hoping to deploy wo 5505s to create the VPN between the remote site and their agency data center.  To make matters more interesting, they want to configure the ASA5505 and have me configure the UC540.  From similar installations with an SR520 or an SA520, I know that I need the following:

1. Static route for data VLAN: 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.75.2 (if WAN IP of UC540 is 192.168.75.2)

2. Static route for CME

3. Station route for CUE

Voice is going to be brought to this site via a Nexvortex SIP trunk.  When using the SA520, we made sure that "SIP ALG" box was checked.  What exactly does this do and how can I replicate it on the ASA5505?  Do I need to instruct the state to configure the ASA5505 to allow all connections on port 5060 and RTP ports to be able to access the UC540?  As Nexvortex is a SIP signalling group, I am not sure all of the IPs that will be connecting to the UC540 to terminate voice calls.

Thanks in advance,

Seth

1 Reply 1

We do not support the ASA in these forums, but here are some configuration notes that can be useful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6120/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: