wireless client is not getting ip address from dhcp server via CAS server,
here is the scenario,
1. inband cas network configuration:
|Trusted Interface (to protected network)||Untrusted Interface (to managed network)|
2. wireless clients are in untrusted vlan which is 104 and I've mapped the 104 vlan to 400 (trusted vlan)
untrusted vlan trusted vlan
3. Managed subent
ip subent vlan
10.161.136.5 / 255.255.248.0 140
10.161.136.5 is ip subnet for trusted vlan 400
4. ARP entry is not configured
in switch, untrusted and trusted ports are configured as trunk port and allowed untrusted and trusted vlans respectively.
when we move wireless client into vlan 400 manually its getting ip address but when wireless client is in vlan 140 its not getting ip address and in switch configuration both trusted and untrusted ports are trunk port and using native vlan is 1
from WLC to switch port is also trunk port and allowed for all vlans
do I need to configure ARP entries or what other configurations are needed to work CAS as a DHCP passthrough.
- If it's in VGW, trusted and untrusted interfaces must have same IP address
- Uncheck the "pass through VLAN" on both sides
- Move away from VLAN 1 if possible!