Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 customization

Hi I have 18 sites of my company at different geographical areas. At each location I have to deploy LMS 3.2 in standalone mode. according to our company policies I have to customize LMS at every location. for example backup scheduling, purge scheduling, device discovery scheduling, config collection schedulling, dfm notification group creation etc.

At all location the server configurations will be identical i.e. server os, lms version and required policy.

is there any way by which I can replicate the LMS customizations to all installation instead of customizing LMS at every site?

4 Replies 4

EmanuelArghittu
Level 1
Level 1

hi mishra,

you could create a BackUP of the first site and use this for replicate the customization

create backup :

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\backup.pl BKP

where BKP is the backup directory.

You must enter the absolute path for BKP. For example, if BKP is under C:\, enter the path as NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\backup.pl C:\BKP.

restore  backup:

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\restorebackup.pl -d BKP

where BKP is the backup directory.

You must enter the absolute path for BKP. For example, if BKP is under C:\, enter the path as NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\BKP

here are the log of restore:

E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\log\restorebackup.log
E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\log\rme_base.log
E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\log\migration.log

after restore start daemon manager:

net start crmdmgtd
this procedure is to do backup of singol server or migration, so any data are replicated, also the ID of the server. this could be a problem for future use (master slave configuration), below the workeround:

in NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini this is the DCR ID that must be different fore any server, you could change the id if you need configure two or more of this servers in master/slave mode

ATTENTION!!

this is my solution, i don't know if is cisco raccomanded

I council you wait also the evaluation of another person

sorry mishra,

in the .ini file you must verify also that DCR_GROUP_ID is unique

i'm sorry for the incomplete information

Hi Emanuel, restoring the backup only restores databases, syslogs, archieve files containing device run/start config, but not the settings like backup schedule, sync archieve schedule, dfm notification groups.

basicaly these configuration details are kept in " regdaemon.xml". but this file also contains the IP/hostname of existing installation which can't be change.

is there any other way??

hi Mishra,

I've find the attached documentation for you.. can you read the chapter 1 about "Scope of Data Migration" and data that can be backed up of each module?

there should be important information for you....

sorry, I don't know more.

I hope that I been of help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: