I have an AIP-SSM-10 (IPS-K9-6.1-2-E3) running inside an ASA (Active/Standby failover mode).
My license status is "not expired until 12.2010".
When I upgrade to 6.2(2)E4 (because it indicated I needed engine E4 in order to put the signature update) my license changed to expired.
Here is my question, what versions can i upgrade to?
I made a mistake? Can i downgrade to 6.1(2)E3 and in what way?
Try deleting the license from service account first, then update the license via cisco.com:
1) Create a username with service account: username password privilege service
2) Then SSH to the IPS with the service account username and password created above.
Then following the steps below:
- "su" to root (same PW as svc acct PW)
- delete all the files in the /usr/cids/idsRoot/shared/ directory, *** EXCEPT host.conf file ***
- run "/etc/init.d/cids restart" to restart the IPS apps (or reboot the sensor)
3) From IDM - apply the real license by choosing to update the license via cisco.com.
Hope that resolves the issue.