cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 Wireless Client

johnmdolan
Level 1
Level 1

What are people using for a client in windows 7?  I have a client for my Intel cards but the Broadcom ones has extensions and the instruction are to set it up through the windows built in client.  I don't want to use the built in one. 

2 Replies 2

sciencecare
Level 1
Level 1

using the Win 7 one works good, the dell client for broadcom cards is problematic as for some reason it will sometimes not play nice with WPA2 networks, but the card works fine if I use windows native client.  This is more of an issue on older XP machines though as the win 7 machiens are not on OEM so don't have that dell client.  Odd but true.

I don't want to use the windows client because if you run that setup wizard, the wpa2 key is in plain text on the flash drive.  If you don't use the wizard, the clients have to be configured manually.  I use the third party client on all other machine (XP) and it works well.  Broadcom does suck but since they are 8 dollars cheaper than intel I guess that's what we will be using.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: