Resource’s Device is Off

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2010

HI,


We have a UCCX server release 7.0(1)_Build168 and we did some tests with the agent desktop.  We got sometimes (not all the time) this message "Resource's Device is Off" when agent tried to change his state to becomes in ready mode.  His phone was registered and worked well.  

I look in the Cisco Troubleshouting Guide and I have found something but I do not understand the Recommended Action, could somebody give me more details ? How can verify this ?

Agent cannot go Ready after logging in
Symptom :                      Agent cannot go Ready after logging in.
Error Message :               The Cisco Agent Desktop says that the resource's device is off and the agent extension is out of service.
Possible Cause :              The agent's ephone does not have a session-server configured.
Recommended Action :     Make sure the session server of the agent's ephone is set to the Cisco Unified CCX session server.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
celine.jeannott... Fri, 05/14/2010 - 06:01

You are right... I did not read correctly.  No the agent device are programmed on the CUCM 7.1

laubry Tue, 05/29/2012 - 09:59

I see this post was almost two years ago, but have to ask what was the solution.  One of my agents are receiving the same error message and no we arent running on SRST either?  This is a UCCX 8.0

jquoss001 Tue, 07/14/2015 - 08:17

Using System version: 9.1.2.11900-12. I just started receiving this error arbitrarily and only a couple of agents are affected:

Resource's Device is Off
******************
The agent extension is out of service.
Ready state change and call control operations cannot be
performed.

I researched many possible solutions, included deactivating and reactivating in rmcm, but found the solution is actually quite simple. I clone a phone copying the affected extension (super copy) and then log into agent desktop with that extension or have the agent log out and log back in with that extension. So far this has worked every time. Not sure why it happens or why this works...it just does. I Hope this helps.

Actions

This Discussion