Ref to expiration date of ISCW and ONT

Unanswered Question
May 14th, 2010

my name is Dan and I am very surprised about the Cisco's decision to cancel the exams score after 31 July 2010.

Imagine that I just took the ONT exam today with 100%, and after 31 July it will have no value.

It is not fair.

Cause a have already taken these exams with very much care, I don't want to hurry up to take until the expiration date the " combo" exam - COMP.

Maybe the officials will re-thinking this decision, and they will recognize the passing scores for ONT and ISCW in the future, (cause these modules it were very good ).

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely Dan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
burleyman Fri, 05/14/2010 - 08:17

If you have already taken those two exams ISCW and ONT and passed they are still valid after July 31st. The July 31st date is when the exams ISCW and ONT retires. Since you have already taken the two exams they count as the TSHOOT exam and you will only need to take the Switch and Route exams and you will be CCNP.

ferucio2004 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 08:26

Are you sure about this? Cause in CISCO site IS STIPULATED THIS:

Based on the substantial overlap of test topics, passing scores  achieved on BSCI, BCMSN and/or COMP will continue to be accepted for  certification purposes as long as they remain valid--three years from  the date passed.  In contrast, ISCW and ONT will not be accepted towards  CCNP certification after their retirement date.  Beginning August 1,  2010, all new CCNP certifications will require a passing score on the  new TSHOOT exam.

Please explain me if I'm wrong.

burleyman Fri, 05/14/2010 - 08:57

Wow you are correct. I was told that was not the case but I guess it is. Well that is not very good. they should give you a little more time. Sorry about that.

ferucio2004 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 09:23

I want to give me anyone of you an idea where can I post this complain in order to be read by one of CISCO's officials (an e-mail, or something...)?

It is important for anyone of us.

That kind of decisions have to be clear thinking before to be made.

It is any guarantee that in the near future, after two years again some of actual exams will not be canceled again?

Please help me with an idea, what can I do, and where can I post this message in order to any of responsible person can read it.

This Discussion