Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Agent Won't Run...

UCCX 7.x

Windows 2k Pro

One of our client's agent PCs won't run CAD. Installs okay, but any attempt to execute it just fizzles;  double-click the icon, no response, no error on the screen, no errors logged. User has local administration rights, all non-standard apps and anti-virus have been disabled. Local PC support is no help (they claim it's our app, so it's our problem) and I'm trying to avoid getting stuck troubleshooting a PC issue outside the scope of voice work.

In the interim the user has the phone agent service.

Any ideas appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think I've seen this before. The client PC was trying to reach the IPCCX server using its hostname, but the DNS was not set up correctly so it was not able to reach it at all. Did you check that?

G.

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Any logs in c:\program files\cisco\desktop\log?

Do you see the agent.exe in task manager after you have tried to run it?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Nothing in the logs

Hi

Well - does it continue to run in task manager? Or is it gone?

Is it just a single PC that has the problem?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: