cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 and OWA

ecoen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity Connection 7.1 can relay voicemail messages that are received in a user's inbox via SMTP to their email server.  However, in the case of Exchange 2003, the Outlook clients show and play the .wav attachment correctly, but OWA only KNOWS that there is an attachment, but will not display it for you to play.

This is because OWA cannot display INLINE attachments (internet header paramater "Content-Disposition: inline").  In order for OWA to allow you to see and open the .wav attachment, it must see it as an external (non-inline) attached file ((internet header paramater "Content-Disposition: attachment").

I cannot find anyplace where I can change the internet headers of the SMTP message that Unity Connection is sending.  I am sure that it exists either in a file on the server, or in the cuc database.

Does anyone know how to change this so that the SMTP message relay is useful to enterprise customers who run OWA?

5 Replies 5

Chris Tolley
Level 3
Level 3

I don't know if you can do that in UC but it is possible in Exchange. Setup a transport rule on the Exchange hub server to grab any messages from unity connection and set the content type to multipart/mixed.

Good answer, Chris.  +5 to you.

I'm having the same issue. Can a transport rule be setup in Exchange 2003? Is there a different method for 2003?

Yes, I should have clarified the transport rules applied to Exchange 2007. With regards to Exchange 2003

I don't know of a way to do this. I've been looking through TechNet:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/default.aspx

for Exchange, but I have not found a way for this.

Yeah I've been researching this for hours, and haven't found any info. This thread is by far the most info I have found on this problem. At least I know what the problem is. I'd hate to tell my customer that I can't make it work with OWA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: