Views
Helpful
Replies

cucme version 8 phone upgrade

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, Installing a new cucme version 8 and got the following issues-

despite copying the phone firmware files to flash and defining the phone loads, I get an error message on the phone when they try to upgrade - config below:-

tftp-server flash:ATA030203sccp051201a.zup

tftp-server flash:DistinctiveRingList.xml

tftp-server flash:RingList.xml

tftp-server flash:SCCP11.8-5-3S.loads

tftp-server flash:SCCP42.8-5-3S.loads

tftp-server flash:P00308000500.loads

tftp-server flash:apps11.8-5-3TH1-6.sbn

tftp-server flash:dsp11.8-5-3TH1-6.sbn

tftp-server flash:dsp42.8-5-3TH1-6.sbn

tftp-server flash:apps42.8-5-3TH1-6.sbn

telephony-service

no auto-reg-ephone

max-ephones 265

max-dn 600

ip source-address 10.96.88.2 port 2000

service dnis overlay

service dnis dir-lookup

timeouts interdigit 6

system message QWERTY

url services http://10.96.88.3/voiceview/common/login.do

url authentication http://10.96.88.2/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp 

cnf-file perphone

load 7915-12 B015-1-0-3.sbn

load 7915-24 B015-1-0-3.sbn

load 7911 SCCP11.8-5-3S.loads

load 7942 SCCP42.8-5-3S.loads

load 7962 SCCP42.8-5-3S.loads

load ata ATA030203sccp051201a.zup

time-zone 21

time-format 24

date-format dd-mm-yy

voicemail 4999

max-conferences 8 gain -6

moh music-on-hold.au

web admin system name YYYYYYYY password XXXXXXXXXX

dn-webedit

time-webedit

transfer-system full-consult

transfer-pattern .T

secondary-dialtone 9

create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00

also, customer is wanting to change the IP address of the callmanager and unity express. Will I have to re-run the install script - no telephony-service then telephone-service or can I just change the Ip address in the ios config and dhcp server?

Thanks

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check "debug tftp events" with "term mon".

Just edito configuration to make changes.

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

is the error you get on the phones an authentication error??

I've seen in CallManager when upgrading phone loads, that there's versions you can't bring directly to the latest version.  you'd have to upgrade to an interim version and then upgrade to the latest from that.

As for changing the IP, I'm pretty sure it's straight forward.  You would need to change a few things though:

router ip

dhcp scope

option 150 ip

service engine ip's for CUE

cue voip dial-peer (and anything else referencing the router ip)

the ip source ip in telephony service

CUE integration settings for CME (in CUE GUI)

There may be more but I can't see it being a problem.

Hope that helps

Neil

No - the error is on the phone - I get "error" when it tries to download the 1st firmware file and then a further error such as - can't find file SCCP42.8-5-3S but it is refernced in the tftp-server line and is definitely in the flash.

Thanks

You do not need tftp-server commands (some phone types are an exception). Also check "show telephony-service tftp-bindings".

Oh thought I had with the tftp-server flash:XXXXXXX command followed by the load 7942 flash:SCCP42.8-5-3S

No, use the .loads extension in load command.

Hmmm I have :-

load 7915-12 B015-1-0-3.sbn

load 7915-24 B015-1-0-3.sbn

load 7911 SCCP11.8-5-3S.loads

load 7942 SCCP42.8-5-3S.loads

load 7962 SCCP42.8-5-3S.loads

as per 1st posting

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

TFTP - Auth Fail shows on phones (they must be @ 8.5(2) before moving

to the 8.5(3) you have loaded)

Firmware Upgrade Issues for SCCP

Note For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(3) or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(3) or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602

Hope this helps!
Rob

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

actually, on second inspection, you don't use the .loads file extension under telephony service.  just the file name without the extension

try that

actually, on second inspection, you don't use the .loads file 
extension under telephony service.  just the file name without the
extension

Incorrect. Do not think people here talks without knowing

On that note, +5 to my friend Rob.

Router(config-telephony)#

In Cisco Unified CME 7.0(1) and later versions:

When specifying the load command for phone firmware versions later than version 8-2-2 for all  phone types, If you use the file suffix in the filename, the tftp-server  bindings are automatically added for all the files forwarded for that  load. For example:

Router(config-telephony)# load 7941 SCCP41.8-3-3S.loads

The load command is enhanced to automatically create TFTP bindings for phone  firmware files if the cnf-location command is  configured with the flash or slot0 argument. You are no longer required to  configure the tftp-server command to create  TFTP bindings only if the location of the cnf files is router flash or slot 0 memory. If the cnf-location command is configured for something  other than flash or slot 0, such as a TFTP server (url) or system  memory (system:its/), you still must configure the tftp-server command to create TFTP bindings for  phone firmware files. Use the complete filename, including the file  suffix, when you configure the tftp-server command  for phone firmware versions later than version 8-2-2 for all phone  types.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_l1ht.html#wp1040922

Nice post p.bevilacqua.

You'll find people here talk to help - wrong or right.  Let me just point out to you know why you are not right (but not wrong)  in this case and your post is so way out of order:

The original post shows the tftp-server commands are already in place, so the .loads suffix is not required in this case.

Second, you'll find that your friend Rob's post was a follow on from my original post with more detail which I couldn't remember off hand.

Posts with that attitude are not helpful for anyone on these forums - Hall of Fame or not.

What attitude? I put a smiley in there to show I'm taking things lightly.

Now for the details of this conversation, at one point the OP posted:

Oh thought I had with the tftp-server flash:XXXXXXX command followed by 
the load 7942 flash:SCCP42.8-5-3

That made me oversight the fact that .loads extension was specified in the first post.

Then, I was simply correcting your statement that load filename has to be used without extension, as that is not the case anymore.

And, I like to clean up all the tftp-server statments to produce the most compact configuration possible. I know that not anybody cares, but I do.

There is really no personal feelings attached to all that.

Maybe it's my browser but it looked like a smug wink to me .

Nothing taken personally!

Anyway, hopefully one of the replies helps resolve the problem.

Thanks everyone some great suggestions there.

I never knew it was so emotional on this forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: