cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 Caller ID with "+"

uthth1971
Level 1
Level 1

Can some one kindly help me to over come this situation?

I am trying to have caller ID as +14162222222 through h323 gateway, however the h323 normal behaviour as per cisco will strip + on h323 gateway. Because of this reason I get the display as 14162222222 regardless where i put the calling party number (either in route patter or in Route Group)

I found a solution to over come the issue by putting the "+"  in gateway  for the appropriate calling party number type.

Incoming Calling Party Unknown Number Prefix +

and it did worked, howevere it is affecting all other call going through this gateway as its natural behaviour.

Can some one please help to over come to this situation only for the perticular route pattern or in the route group level which will impact only the perticular pattern

For your info: here is what Cisco says in the document that H323 gateway will strip the + sign regardless of the service parameter

Strip + on Outbound Calls:   This parameter determines whether Cisco Unified Communications Manager strips the plus sign ( + ) from the calling and called parties for outgoing calls through MGCP gateways and SIP trunks. The plus sign signifies the International access code in a complete E.164 number format. For example, NANP numbers have an E.164 global format in the format +1 214 555 1234. The + is a leading character that gets replaced by service providers in different countries with the international access code to achieve global dial plans. If your network or far-end gateway does not recognize the plus sign as a digit, be sure that this parameter is set to False, otherwise calls could get dropped if the plus sign is sent but not recognized in-network or by the receiving gateway. Valid values specify True (strip the + sign) or False (do not strip the + sign). Ensure that calls over QSIG trunks do not utilize + because it is not supported by QSIG. This parameter has no effect on H.323 outbound calls because H.323 unconditionally strips the + sign when routing outbound calls. 
   This is a required field. 
   Default:  False

I would much appreciate for your help

thanks

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Are you recieving the + from your provider?

The original behavior on Gateways was to ignore and strip the leading "+". In the past it was changed to route it based on the leading
"+"

However, there was changes on the latest IOS versions to start ignoring the "+" coming from the call and send the call to CCAPI without the
"+".

Here is the workaround which will fix the issue. I tested out this config and this works fine inside the lab.

At global level, configure the following:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^\+/ /+/                                    ---> In this case
configure a dummy translation rule such that whatever is received will
be retained as it is
!
!
voice translation-profile voip-generic
translate calling

Hi All

Appreciated for your help.

gogasca : I tried your method and it working for outgoing calls only, meaning when I make the call from h323 gateway it works only,

here is the config for outgoing calls with your config for long distance calls leaving the h323 gateway

!
!
voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 // /+/
!
!
voice translation-profile AddPlus
translate calling 1
!
!

!
dial-peer voice 11 pots
translation-profile outgoing AddPlus
destination-pattern 00T
port 0/0/0:15
prefix 00
!

But for calling coming towards the H323 gateway is NOT working, either calls coming from  mgcp gateway or H323 gateway.

here is the config that I am using

I tried several steps

1) !
!
voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 // /+/
!
!
translate calling 1
!

----------------Please note h323 gateway have configure to receive 4 digits most significant number

Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls

Required Field

!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
translation-profile incoming AddPlus
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 4 voip
destination-pattern 4...
session target ipv4:142.2.64.11
!

It doesn't slove the issue

and I tried with

!
voice-port 0/0/0:15

None worked.

The h323 gateway IOS System image file is "flash:c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-24.T.bin"

much appreciated if you can direct me if I am on wrong direction

thanks

Good suggestion gogaska. But it can be more simplified:

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /+/

!

translate calling 1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots/voip

!

This works great, but you really don't need to prefix '+' on the calling# at CUCM while calling out. Otherwise you might see '++' while debugging isdn q931.

Which version of IOS is supporting displaying original '+' ?

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

You should consider using Globalization and localization feature, to show the + using a calling party transformation mask.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: