Unity Con 7 - User Message Limit warning

Unanswered Question
May 15th, 2010

We have imported on Senior VP who has an old Unity Mailbox that is more than 100 messages and is 150MB in size.  Regardless of the rational behind this box, when we imported him into UCx we gave him a profile that had a 200MB limit.

The problem we found during the cut is that the user is being played a message inside UCx that says he has more than 100 messages and therefore needs to delete them otherwise he can not receive new messages.  We can not find where this 100 message setting is located or where the wav file is playing from.  It is not referencing the size in MB (so it is not the User Template or System setting for message store size) but instead it says he has more than 100 messages.  When we imported this user we used a specific User Template that allowed for 200MB message store.

version UCx 7-1

Has anyone seen or heard this before?  I have never had a box with this many messages in it for an actual user, ust the old EAdmin box which we promptly delete and never have logged into on UCx after COBRAs import.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
David Hailey Sat, 05/15/2010 - 14:17

This is likely coming from the Mailbox Quota settings either at the system level or at the user's individual mailbox settings.  While you may have allocated a total size of 200 MB, it sounds as if the Send/Receive Quota is set to 100 MB.  System level looks like this by default is:

System-wide Mailbox Quotas
Warning Quota Custom Megabytes
System Maximum (2 Gigabytes)
Send Quota Custom Megabytes
Send/Receive Quota Custom Megabytes

The user equivalent is found at: Edit Mailbox > Mailbox Quotas.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

j.sillers Sat, 05/15/2010 - 15:17

We checked on your  suggestion about the send/receive.  The settings were the same for all three entries.  It was set at 209MB and the user mailbox is only 158MB

It must be coming from somewhere else.

David Hailey Sat, 05/15/2010 - 16:02

I believe thats your problem.  The Admin guide states: "If you enter custom quotas, the value for Warning Quota must be smaller than the value for Send Quota, and the value for Send Quota must be smaller than the value for Send/Receive Quota." When all 3 entries are the same, I believe you are essentially reverting to defaults as the 3 values cancel each other out.  And, there really isn't anywhere else for this warning to come from.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Actions

This Discussion