cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On Cisco, We would like to disable BGP GR on specific router.

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

as you know, the bgp grace-full restart enabled globally on the bgp all-neighbor.

but we got the some problem, there is no problem within our network to peer with BGP, but External-BGP with CE has got the problem, the log as

"*May 16 04:27:35.549 KST: %BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: received from neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx passive 2/7 (unsupported/disjoint capability) 8 bytes 4006000A 00010100"

our main mission is that we disable the BGP gr with specific CE router, How can we do it?.

I found that the juniper can disable BGP gr on some specific router or peer group.

How Can we archive on Cisco device?

It's very argent matter,

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Unfortunately Cisco's Graceful restart is a global command and applies to all neighbors.  With Juniper you can assign it globally, per group and/or per neighbor (a lots of options).

HTH

Reza

Thank you for your answer.

if there is problem on just one router with BGP-R , not all, we disabled BGP-GR globally, Right ?.

It doesn't make sense. Why Didn't they make a bgp-gr per specific router or peer group?

or not, when we got the above same issue on site, How can we do it?.  there is no way to change-config on CE router?

if there is problem on just one router with BGP-R , not all, we disabled BGP-GR globally, Right ?.

yes, I would globally disable it until you figure out the problem.  Once the problem is resolved you can always put it back.

It doesn't make sense. Why Didn't they make a bgp-gr per specific router or peer group?

I do not know if you can do it per BGP peer group with Cisco, but if possible that would be better then doing globally.  Juniper software is a lot more flexible when it comes to options like this, because it was build originally for service providers.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card