cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On Cisco, We would like to disable BGP GR on specific router.

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

as you know, the bgp grace-full restart enabled globally on the bgp all-neighbor.

but we got the some problem, there is no problem within our network to peer with BGP, but External-BGP with CE has got the problem, the log as

"*May 16 04:27:35.549 KST: %BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: received from neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx passive 2/7 (unsupported/disjoint capability) 8 bytes 4006000A 00010100"

our main mission is that we disable the BGP gr with specific CE router, How can we do it?.

I found that the juniper can disable BGP gr on some specific router or peer group.

How Can we archive on Cisco device?

It's very argent matter,

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Unfortunately Cisco's Graceful restart is a global command and applies to all neighbors.  With Juniper you can assign it globally, per group and/or per neighbor (a lots of options).

HTH

Reza

Thank you for your answer.

if there is problem on just one router with BGP-R , not all, we disabled BGP-GR globally, Right ?.

It doesn't make sense. Why Didn't they make a bgp-gr per specific router or peer group?

or not, when we got the above same issue on site, How can we do it?.  there is no way to change-config on CE router?

if there is problem on just one router with BGP-R , not all, we disabled BGP-GR globally, Right ?.

yes, I would globally disable it until you figure out the problem.  Once the problem is resolved you can always put it back.

It doesn't make sense. Why Didn't they make a bgp-gr per specific router or peer group?

I do not know if you can do it per BGP peer group with Cisco, but if possible that would be better then doing globally.  Juniper software is a lot more flexible when it comes to options like this, because it was build originally for service providers.

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card