- I am the IT Manager for a call center that handles a lot of sensitive issues.(Suicide and depression issues) We use the Cisco UC560 with Cisco 7940 phones. We need to be able to get a third party on the line and then disconnect while leaving the caller and third party connected.(Warm Transfer) Is this possible? The only "Warm Transfer" that I am aware of is the following:
- Transferring A Call - (Warm Transfer)
- press the 'more' softkey
- press the Trnsfer softkey (the caller is placed on hold)
- dial the extension you wish to transfer the call to
- wait for an answer and annouce the call
- press the Trnsfer softkey to transfer the call
This method requires placing the caller on hold in order to contact the third party. This can not happen when dealing with such sensitive issues. Is there a way to get another person on the line without placing them on hold?
I have this problem too.