Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 Lan Base to IP Base

pradip.saha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tech,

My customer is having one 4506 switch as core in their small building network with Lan Base IOS Version 12.2(53)SG1 and SUP WS-X45-SUP6L-E.

Currently they are using LAN Base IOS. In a few days they want to upgrade the chassis to IP Base software. What is the process to upgrade from LAN Base to IP Base. It will be very much helpful if anyone can provide me the process/document on these.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firstly you need to get the service contract upgraded to allow your organization to use the IP Base software.

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tech,

My customer is having one 4506 switch as core in their small building network with Lan Base IOS Version 12.2(53)SG1 and SUP WS-X45-SUP6L-E.

Currently they are using LAN Base IOS. In a few days they want to upgrade the chassis to IP Base software. What is the process to upgrade from LAN Base to IP Base. It will be very much helpful if anyone can provide me the process/document on these.

Thanks in advance.

Check out the below link for upgardation of ios in 4500 series switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_example09186a00801461ef.shtml

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card