Views
Helpful
Replies

Source not responding LMS IPM

phtruchet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I launch an ipm job, it says source not responding like you can see in my screenshot. I have checked the IOS version and the snmp and ssh credentials are well configured. I have also made a show ipa sla application but I am not familiarised with this protocol. My devices are Cisco 7206 and 2811 routers.

Could you please help me resolving my problem or at least link me a tutorial to configure lms and my IOS to permit IPM jobs.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPM will use the SNMP read-only community string configured in DCR to collect data from the source device.  In order to deploy changes, you must ha

ve a read-write community string configured on the device and in DCR (or have proper SNMPv3 read-write credentials).  Double-check, and make sure all SNMP credentials are correct in DCR.

If they are, and the problem still exists, start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic between the LMS server and one of these source routers.  Then restart the IPMProcess with the commands:

pdterm IPMProcess

pdexec IPMProcess

Wait a few minutes, and you should have some packets.  They should illustrate why IPM cannot communicate with the source.

Does that means that I need to enable RW community to schedule the jobs, but after they are configured I can disable RW community and only enable the RO community ?

Thanks for your first answer, thought.

No, you will still need the read-write capability for IPM to do reconfiguration of the collectors should the device reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco