Provisioning CE-MR-10 Card

Unanswered Question
May 17th, 2010
User Badges:

Can you provision an STS-V circuit with 4 or more members and have all 4 members working paths on the same route and protection paths on the same route?

Name the circuit :Test"
Circuit State: AINS
Member size: STS-1
Number of members: 4
Mode: LCAS
UPSR: Provison working go and return on primary path
Revertive: 5 min.
Source Node: 1
slot:: 4 (CE-MR-10)
Port: 3 (POS)
Members: S43,S44,S45,S46
Destination Node: 4
Slot: 4(CE-MR-10)
Port: 2 (POS)
Members: S42, S43,S44,S45
Un-check Routing Automatically
Check Split Routing
Preferences for all Members Fully protected or Unprotected have done both
The results I get after provisioning as above is that each member is routed differently, half the members take the short path the other half takes the long path.  When selecting the route I pick the short route first for the working path and the long route as the protection path, I use fully protected and UPSR function  or just the UPSR function the results are the same.

Questions

1.  When I select UPSR "Provision working go and return on primary path" and under Members preferences "fully protected" what am I getting, is this canceling one or the other?  If I select "unprotected" under Member preferences and still have UPSR "working go and return on primary path" for each of the members after circuit completion the circuit is labeled as UPSR vs Protected, what does selecting both do for me?
2.  Common fiber routing -  Is this used only for BLSR rings?  I cant select this option, I get an error message saying Line level fiber protection is required?
3.  When I select Split Routing do I get the option to split the members or route them the same direction? If so then why cant I get the members to all follow the same working and protect paths?
Our problem is that when we provision the circuits we are not able to route the members working paths in the same path causing differential delay and excessive latency.  We are having to provision the circuits non revertive and go in and switch the members to protection so each member is now on the same route.  The problem is that when we have an event the circuit switches back and the the customers are the one that complain and we have to go back and re-switch the circuits.
we are running 8.5.2
Thanks for any help..
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Byron David Mon, 05/17/2010 - 12:43
User Badges:

It looks like when configuring a STS-V circuit with more than one member you need to set the circuit OOS,OOG after the circuit is provisioned change the state to either IS or IS, AINS, this will make sure all members working and protection paths are the same.

Actions

This Discussion