Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to TFTP files in Solaris 10 running LMS 3.2

stevepr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a tac case open on this and can't seem to get a solution for my problem.  I am running LMS 3.2 on a solaris 10 box.  I am able to manually tftp files to the box by logging in the the remote router and isuing:

copy flash:vlan.dat tftp

Ofcourse I have to manually create the file in tftpboot first so it can be copied over.

When RME tries to archive the vlan.dat file it fails and I get this error.

VLAN
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for x.x.x.119 Cause:
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.
Couldnot determine the tftpboot directory.Couldnot determine the tftpboot directory.
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using SCP.

What could cause RME to fail to determine the tftpboot directory.

RME is able to log in to the device and issue:  "copy flash:vlan.dat tftp"  becasue if I check the incoming connections on the box I can see the TFTP attemps.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Permissions.  Check the permissions on /etc, /etc/inet, and /etc/inet/inetd.conf.  Make sure casuser can read and search each directory, and read the inetd.conf file.  That is, /etc and /etc/inetd should have 0755 permissions, and inetd.conf should have 0644 permissions.  Make sure the inetd.conf contains an uncommented line:

tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /opt/CSCOpx/bin/in.tftpd        in.tftpd -s /tftpboot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: