Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial back up on an 891

Mario Elia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am currently reviewing the 891 Router as a replacement for my 1811's in the field, but I am running into a problem with the dialer interface not working properly.

I've used what is essentially the same config from my 1811, and it works if I copy the config over line-by-line (the dialer binds, and I get a solid connection to my VPN), until I restart the router. At this point i get the errors

%Remove Dialer Profile Configuration first

%Warning:Use P2P interface for routemapset

interface clause

C

% Incomplete command

C

% Incomplete command

I seem to be at a loss for what this means, can someone help me out?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I am currently reviewing the 891 Router as a replacement for my 1811's in the field, but I am running into a problem with the dialer interface not working properly.

I've used what is essentially the same config from my 1811, and it works if I copy the config over line-by-line (the dialer binds, and I get a solid connection to my VPN), until I restart the router. At this point i get the errors

%Remove Dialer Profile Configuration first

%Warning:Use P2P interface for routemapset

interface clause

C

% Incomplete command

C

% Incomplete command

I seem to be at a loss for what this means, can someone help me out?

Thanks

Check out the below link for configuration of dailer list in cisco 860,880 and 890 series routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/860-880-890/software/configuration/guide/routconf.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: