cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Communication Failure

bigdaddyajay
Level 1
Level 1

The power just went out and I can't seem to connect/get CUE to start working.

After the power outage, the UC520 restarted and phones came back on as normal.  We can dial out, but can't access voicemail or AA. 

The message in CCA that keeps coming up is "System detected voicemail not be in an Operational State.  If you are doing a Voicemail Compact Flash Upgrade, click Yes to perform upgrade; click No to Continue Normally"

I can't connect to http://10.1.10.1/

Restarting CUE in CCA didn't work.  I can't get into the software upgrade portion of CCA either, it gets stuck on loading voice data.  Any ideas?
We were running software pack 8.0.1.  

4 Replies 4

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to access the CUE from cli?

Session in to the UC with ssh/telnet and input the following command.

"service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session" - It will say "Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open" and you have to hit Enter one more time.

You should se this now. If the system is offline this would be seen in the prompt.

se-10-1-10-1#

Best regards

Markus

Nothing happened after hitting enter one more time

I unplugged the router and plugged it back in and CUE started back up now.  AA and mailboxes are intact.  Not sure what happened there.  The software reboots didn't do anything.

Very strange and scary.

Thanks!

Ajay

CUE runs on a separate CPU and in separate memory space on the UC500 to the main system.  As such, when you reload the UC500 by the reload command, it has exactly zero effect on CUE.  To do a forced reload of CUE you need to use the 'service-module integrated-services-engine 0/0 reset' command.  A power cycle however, will of course reset both the main UC500 system and CUE.

Cheers,

Dave.