cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Password Settings

joshhaleaos
Level 1
Level 1

Having an issue with a new install where users cannot change their PIN on the first login.  The voicemailusertemplate has the password settings and change password is greyed out.  If I go to a user and click Edit....the Password Settings are greyed out as well.

I know its probably a check box somewhere to enable this...can someone help?  Running Unity Connection (Business Edition) 7.1.3-10000-68.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a migration or a new install?

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

With Business Edition, Unity Connection user passwords are controlled by the credential settings in CallManager.  Since you cannot Edit the password in Unity Connection, I suspect you have an overiding configuration on the CallManager.  Check this setting in the CUCM end user configuration.  If User Cannot Change is checked, you want to uncheck it.  Then make sure this box is checked.

User Must Change at Next Login

Check this check box to require the user to change this credential at next login. Use this option after you assign a temporary credential.

You cannot check this check box when User Cannot Change check box is checked.

Hope this helps!  Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: