cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

all ivr port busy , the system will prompt the next call that it’s full load

vhak_dtvt
Level 1
Level 1

we currently had 130 port IVR (we are running CCX 7.0 Premium )

Is there any way to write the script for IVR so that when all IVR ports are busy, the system will prompt the next call that it’s  full load ? Can we do that ? If yes please share the documentation how to configure it

Thanks so much !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, create a small script containing only the Accept step, and a Play Prompt step and the End step. This will play the message "please call later".

Save this script as busy.aef. Use it as a "Default script" for other "regular" scripts.

I did not try this with 7.x, only 4.x and it seems to work.

G.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, create a small script containing only the Accept step, and a Play Prompt step and the End step. This will play the message "please call later".

Save this script as busy.aef. Use it as a "Default script" for other "regular" scripts.

I did not try this with 7.x, only 4.x and it seems to work.

G.

hi netbakter

It requires  IVR port to create a script to play prompt, while all of the IVR ports are currently busy. If there are some ports left to write script, it's not possible to service many customers at a same time, and the overload is still not resolved, either.

please  explain more about this solution

thanks.

Assuming you have a Unity system you could set your UCCX handled Route Points to Forward On Busy to a Unity mailbox that plays this prompt.

Hi,

I did not know too much about UCCX 7.0(1) from this point of view, but I have a UCCE 7.2(7) system with IP IVR 4.0(5)SR2 and it seems to work perfectly. I don't know why, either, but the default script does not need any CTI ports when playing a message. Maybe it is a bug, or an easter egg, but I am glad to (mis)use it.

By the way, the other way I would consider is

- writing a TCL script on the voice gateway that checks the number of ongoing calls and if their number is greater than n, just play a prompt (on the voice gateway level, so you don't need to care about CTI ports on UCCX);

- monitor the number of queued calls at the CSQ's and if their number is for instance greater than the 80% of all ports, just route the next calls to a small script that says please call later or so.

G.

"Hi,

I did not know too much about UCCX  7.0(1) from this point of view, but I have a UCCE 7.2(7) system with IP  IVR 4.0(5)SR2 and it seems to work perfectly. I don't know why, either,  but the default script does not need any CTI ports when playing a  message. Maybe it is a bug, or an easter egg, but I am glad to (mis)use  it.

By  the way, the other way I would consider is

- writing a TCL  script on the voice gateway that checks the number of ongoing calls and  if their number is greater than n, just play a prompt (on the voice  gateway level, so you don't need to care about CTI ports on UCCX);

-  monitor the number of queued calls at the CSQ's and if their number is  for instance greater than the 80% of all ports, just route the next  calls to a small script that says please call later or so.

G."

As u said before, the default script does not need any CTI port. How about IVR port?

I just know a litte about CTI, IVR and CTI route point. May you explain to me more about the relationship among them?

How can we write a script on the voice gateway?

Thank you very much!

Actually, IVR ports and CTI ports are the same. You need a CTI port if you want to have a "hook" where you can hang your call on. It provides you with a set of virtual extensions that may be dynamically used for playing prompts, generating DTMF tones etc.

(When CCX is used in an enterprise environment, it sort of becomes IP IVR - but basically, both names refer to the same.)

CTI Route Points - RP's - are a different sort of an animal, they cannot be used as virtual extensions - like CTI Ports -, instead of that they are used to route a call to an application. This way, you use the CTI Route Point as an entry number for your call center, that may be connected with a CCX script, which, if triggered, may use a CTI Port.

There is a strict limit on CTI ports, you can only configure and use the maximum number which is specified in the license file.

There is no restriction on CTI Route points, you can configure and use as many as you wish.

G.

hi.

-how many calls does a virtual extension can handle at the same time?

-When all CTI Ports are already in use and a new call comes in at the CTI  Route Point, CTI route Point ruote all new calls to  an application .

can that application run a script to play an anouncement? Do we have to use 1 CTI port to play this anouncement?

if this script has 3 steps: accept, play prompt, end. how many "overflow "calls can it handle?

Hi,

to answer your questions:

-how many calls does a virtual extension can handle at the same time?

If you have the CTI Port on mind, only one. Remember, the call must be "hooked on" somewhere.

-When all CTI Ports are already in use and a new call comes in at the CTI  Route Point, CTI route Point ruote all new calls to  an application .

can that application run a script to play an anouncement? Do we have to use 1 CTI port to play this anouncement?

No. If all CTI ports are busy, the script will fail. This is where you can set the "default script" to do something.

if this script has 3 steps: accept, play prompt, end. how many "overflow "calls can it handle?

What do you mean by saying overflow?

Hi ,

I tried this option uccx 8 but not working ,Any other option is there in same scenario.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: