ACS 4.2

Answered Question
May 18th, 2010

Hello,

My company bought a product /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

CSACS-1120-K9    

And also /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9

why i need a DVD when i have a ACS Engine.??

Can anybody help me to understand, As what i know is that ACSE is a appliance with a preinstalled ACS

AND

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9  

is a DVD which is installed on Server according to the prerequisite on cisco website.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jatin Katyal about 6 years 6 months ago

I can't comment on that. As far as recovery CD is concerned you either need to open a case with TAC or contact your accounts team.

Release Notes for the Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/release/notes/acs_51_rn.html

User Guide for the Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.1

http://www-uk.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/acsuserguide.html

HTH

JK

Do rate helpul posts-

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Jatin Katyal Tue, 05/18/2010 - 04:44

Thomas,

1120 Secure Access Control System (CSACS 1120) comes with preloaded version 5.x and on the other side you have ACS windows CD for version 4.2.0.124 so they both have different ACSs version. There is no point running two different version running in the same network because that would not allow you to do replication or syncronization. Also both have different  architecture and functionality.

I think you would be required a Recovery DVD of ACS version 4.2 so that you can downgrade the 1120 to 4.2 and use one as primary and other as secondary or backup ACS.

Why we have only option to downgrade because ACS windows 4.2 can not be upgraded to 5.x. You always have an option to migrate because 5.x only supports linux OS.

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

thomasandy32 Tue, 05/18/2010 - 06:04

Hello jkatyal

This means it is a mistake by presales department by ordering 2 product, where 1 is enough.

As u told me recovery CD where i will find that??????? it is in the shipment with the CSACSE BOX.(inside the box)

Can u link me to 5.x document,i think 4.2 will be the same as 5.x with little more features.

Thanks

Correct Answer
Jatin Katyal Tue, 05/18/2010 - 07:25

I can't comment on that. As far as recovery CD is concerned you either need to open a case with TAC or contact your accounts team.

Release Notes for the Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/release/notes/acs_51_rn.html

User Guide for the Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.1

http://www-uk.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/user/guide/acsuserguide.html

HTH

JK

Do rate helpul posts-

Actions

This Discussion