cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N v2 hangs up while in P2P network (Torrent)

PeaceDuke1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First of all I would like to say sorry if I missed a similar thread, I really tried to find any possible information before this post.

Network configuration:

I have a Cisco WRVS4400N v2 with lastest firmware (2.0.0.8) router at home location. My ISP providing me with 100/100 Mbit fiber network. The structure is simple:

Fiber-->RJ-45 Converter-->Router-->Clients

As clients I have:

- Storage Server LAN

- Laptop LAN

- Laptop WLAN

- Media Center LAN

Also simple.. As it was suggested, I turned off IPS and it really helped. I can now see the download speed as 11-12 Mbps which is maximum of my ISP - appriciate that.

Problem description:

Well, with this huge speeds it's impossible not to use P2P network (in my case - torrents) for downloading. And it's working, but only for some period of time (different all the time) and it really doesn't matter what speed I had during the download, the result is the same - my router just hangs up after a while. Sometimes it take about 10-15 hours, sometimes 1-2 are more than enough. I loosing all my connectivity with all the resources (internal and external) and can't get any IP address from the routers DHCP.

Troubleshooting:

- Reseted to factory defaults

- Assigning DMZ to the computer which is downloading

- Firmware upgrade

- Replacement of ports/cables/network cards..

Result:

Nothing helps. Please help me out folks?

2 Replies 2

I have this exact same problem. last firmware.

It can go down in 10 hours or in 2hours. then the only thing I can do is reboot the router (connect/disconnect) the wan don't work.

Also the when this append the summary page of the router look slow.. it seem the router can handle torrent at all.. What a waste of money I thought I buy a pro-router with hight end fonctionaly.. but it's a expensive junk.

Also my torrent client is setup with only 200 connection and I set it to use half of my speed connection..

thanks,

Waiting since May 18, 2010... is there are any updates from staff? I know that it's sounds not serious with P2P networks, but this router is still your product which is still supported.

I really would like to hear a reply from an CISCO-authorized user.

Cheerz

/Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card