WCS 6.0.181.0 map exporting?

Unanswered Question
May 18th, 2010

Does anyone know if its possible to export the floorplan map and its associated ap's to a JPG./GIF or PNG file?  I can use a screen recorder application, but it's not really what I want to use.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sschmidt Mon, 05/24/2010 - 08:45

The export function in WCS that was added allows you to export the AP/WIFI Receivers/Chokepoint positions in these formats:

AP_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[APName],(aAngle),(bAngle),[X],[Y],(([Z,aAngleElevation,bAngleElevation]),(aAntennaType, aAntennaMode/Diversity, (aAntennaPattern, (aAntennaGain)), bAntennaType, bAntennaDiversity, (bAntennaPattern, (bAntennaGain)))).

LS_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[LSMacAddress],[LSName],[IP Address],[X],[Y],[Z].

CP_Positions Format is: [BuildingName],[FloorName],[CPMacAddress],[CPName],[IP Address],[Range],[X],[Y],[Z],[IsPerimeter].

If you need a visual picture of the AP placement your best bet is the screen capture.

I think that a capture of the image with APs placed would be a nice documentaion addition to the export and sounds like a good PERS request to your account team.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode