PVC2300 cannot access after reset

Answered Question
May 18th, 2010

Hi all,

I have a PVC2300 cam and after resetting it (reset button pressed more than 3 secs) I cannot access to the interface/image using default usename and password (admin/admin).

Anyone experienced such a problem and knows how to regain access?

Thank you

S. Ortiz

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Glenn Quesenberry about 6 years 6 months ago

Are you trying to reset it to factory default?  If so you need to hold down the reset button for about 30 seconds.  The camera should then run through the reset and boot-up stages and be accessible via whichever dhcp address it gets assigned.

Best Regards,

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 05/20/2010 - 07:16

Are you trying to reset it to factory default?  If so you need to hold down the reset button for about 30 seconds.  The camera should then run through the reset and boot-up stages and be accessible via whichever dhcp address it gets assigned.

Best Regards,

khar_1975 Thu, 05/20/2010 - 08:21

It worked!

Before your answer I tried to press the reset button for 10-15 secs and nothing changed. Now pressing for about 30 secs, as you suggested, I can log in and all seems ok.

Thank you very much!

S.

Steven DiStefano Thu, 05/20/2010 - 07:48

To add to what my esteemed teammate Glenn reported, you can watch the front LEDs of the camera after reboot and make sure the amber light flashes and then goes solid.  That means it got an IP address and you can access the GUI with the default password.  If it just flashes, its not getting an IP.

At some point in the future, we will release a Firmware image that uses cisco/cisco as the default, but I do not think we have released that yet (but keep that in mind for the future).

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content