cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding TFTP Server to Cluster

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Seen some documents on this topic, but I am old and Polish!

I have 7.1.2 Cluster, wishing to add dedicated TFTP.  As such, it wont be running CM service.  I've added the server to the cluster, and installed 7.02 +patch during the install.

Now its up, but I am at the admin/password screen.  Strangely enough, I was never asked for a security passphrase, so I think Im still missing something.  Do I need to install/uninstall the CM service, to get it to join the cluster?

Thanks for any info, and apologies if this has already been covered.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

U cannot install/uninstall just one service you install the whole server

and u stop or disable the CUCM service,

Im kind of lost here yu already finished ?

or is asking for passphrase?

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is odd that you were not asked for the cluster security password (password phrase).  If the system was built as the First Node (which would have been incorrect) you would be asked to create the security password.  If the system was a second node then you would have been asked to provide the security password.  Hmmm.

First, you want to check the various cluster nodes to see what they think about the situation.

On EACH node in the cluster, do the following:

admin:show network cluster

admin:utils diagnose module validate_network

On the publisher node.  Connect to the ccmadmin portal.  In the top right corner of the screen, you will see a drop down box labeled "Navigation".  From the drop down box, choose CIsco Unified Reporting and click "Go". In Unified Reporting go to the System Reports menu.  There is a report for checking database replication called "Unified CM Database Status".  Run this report.

In the above steps you are basically looking at whether all cluster nodes are aware of each other and the new node.  Meaning, if you don't see the new node in the output of this command the install failed.  The validate_network is checking to ensure that IP addresss/hostname resolution (and reverse) is good to go.  The Database Status report will let you know if replication is healthy.

If all of the above is good then the node is installed and running.  When a CUCM node is first added to the cluster only the minimum required services are running.  If you want this node to be a TFTP server, then you need to go to Unified Serviceability from the Navigation drop down box (see above).  Go to Tools->Service Activation.  Then select the new node you just added to the system.  Activate the Cisco TFTP service and you are done.  No other services are needed to support the TFTP service.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: