Views
Helpful
Replies

Every tenth call gets number unavailable

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

UC-520 latest image.

When uses dial out every tenth (not exactly) call gets a beep and Number Unavailable on the phone. Hang up and try again and they get through. Happening for all uses.

I'm assuming it might be an ISDN issue (PRI with 12 channels) if a channel isn't correct, but Im not sure how to go about debugging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

6 Replies 6

Please provide a "debug isdn q931" and a "debug voip dialpeer" for a failed call

Thanks,

Marcos

I've attached it as a file as it is a bit big.

You will see a call to 01480497426 that suceeds, then one that fails, then a successful call to 01279813076.

Thanks,

Adam

Have you had a chence to look at my logs?

HI Apedder123,

I noticed this in your logs:

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '235' <----- This is your extension number by the looks of it
        Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
    Called Party Number i = 0x81, '01480497426'

You may need to talk to your service provider and ask them to lock down outbound calling to the primary number, this is of course assuming you are not running secondary's on your DN's, and that you do not want to display caller ID assigned to that particular extension.

If you are running DID's (Secondary's on the extensions) and you want them displayed instead of the primary, then you will need to run a translation rule to convert the extension number to a full DID number.

Work out what you would like to do and let us know, then post your config with all the sensitive information remove so we can work out what is configured already.

NOTE: I am a CLI person so I am not entirely sure how you would configure a translation rule in CCA, at this stage i still only use CCA to provision a system and then I manage the rest of it via CLI.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I see some call attempts failing with this message from the provider:

006044: May 19 16:27:00.736: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x89D5

Cause i = 0x82AC - Requested circuit/channel not available

The calls that seem to work are for channels 8 and below. I think you may have provisioned more timeslots than you are actually getting from your provider.

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Nice spot on that, I totaly over looked it

I wonder if the issue is on the carriers side, I am not sure about other countries, but you do not get a PRI circuit for under 10 channels, you might be able to in other places.

I would have to advise to talk to the carrier and have them reset the circuit and see if that resolve the problem, or at least find out how many channels they have active on that circuit.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: