cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory created in UCCX server \Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_US\ disappears

d16lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Has anyone experienced this before?  In my UCCX server, I have some sub-directories in the folder \Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\user\en_US\ with prompts.  I just restarted the Cisco Unified CCX Engine  service, and the directory and prompt files disappeared!  I did it again just to make sure (created directory in that path and restarted the service again, and that directory is gone after the service comes back.)

I'm running UCCX Premium 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Thanks,

-Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

You cannot just go to the Prompts folder on the CCX filesystem and place your prompts there in whatever directory structure you'd like to. CCX will always restore the directory structure which is stored in its database after engine restarts.

You need to use the CCX administrative interface to create prompts dir structure, and upload the prompts there.

If you don't want to go over this hassle, you can also create a directory structure on the file system OFF the CCX Prompts folder, but you'll have to make sure in the scripts you'll have to reference your prompts a little bit differently. Instead of saying P[somedir\someprompt.wav] in the Play Prompt step, you'll have to first do a Create File Document with the full pathname and filename of the prompt file, and then do the Play Prompt step referencing the document created by the previous step. Here is what I use:

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

You cannot just go to the Prompts folder on the CCX filesystem and place your prompts there in whatever directory structure you'd like to. CCX will always restore the directory structure which is stored in its database after engine restarts.

You need to use the CCX administrative interface to create prompts dir structure, and upload the prompts there.

If you don't want to go over this hassle, you can also create a directory structure on the file system OFF the CCX Prompts folder, but you'll have to make sure in the scripts you'll have to reference your prompts a little bit differently. Instead of saying P[somedir\someprompt.wav] in the Play Prompt step, you'll have to first do a Create File Document with the full pathname and filename of the prompt file, and then do the Play Prompt step referencing the document created by the previous step. Here is what I use:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: