Installing CAD 7.5(8) on Windows 7

Unanswered Question
May 18th, 2010
User Badges:

I'm trying to install CAD 7.5(8) on Windows 7.  This version is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7.  However, when I try to install I get the following error:

File 'sllapi.dll' can not be found.  Make sure the file is on target system or installed already.

I have also attempted this install on two different Windows XP systems with SP3.  I get the same error.

I have searched through this support Community, Cisco.com, google and I just can't find anything on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
VON CLAWSON Wed, 05/19/2010 - 06:52
User Badges:

Thanks for replying.  No I downloaded from Cisco.com.

What did you download? The CAD installation media? The whole server package, MSDE (SQL Express) installer etc?

Are you trying to install this on a PC rather than a Windows Server 2003 OS?

Are you sure that is OK? When you say it's supposed to be compatible with Windows 7 I believe that means the clients can run on a PC under Windows 7.

Regards,

Geoff

VON CLAWSON Wed, 05/19/2010 - 08:29
User Badges:

I am trying to install the client on a window 7 PC.  The file is                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              setup_CAD_758.exe from www.cisco.com

Actions

This Discussion