cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CAD 7.5(8) on Windows 7

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to install CAD 7.5(8) on Windows 7.  This version is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7.  However, when I try to install I get the following error:

File 'sllapi.dll' can not be found.  Make sure the file is on target system or installed already.

I have also attempted this install on two different Windows XP systems with SP3.  I get the same error.

I have searched through this support Community, Cisco.com, google and I just can't find anything on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please rate if this helps.
5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

What exactly are you doing? Are you downloading the Agent.msi file from the CAD Tomcat server and trying to run that?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for replying.  No I downloaded from Cisco.com.

What did you download? The CAD installation media? The whole server package, MSDE (SQL Express) installer etc?

Are you trying to install this on a PC rather than a Windows Server 2003 OS?

Are you sure that is OK? When you say it's supposed to be compatible with Windows 7 I believe that means the clients can run on a PC under Windows 7.

Regards,

Geoff

I am trying to install the client on a window 7 PC.  The file is                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              setup_CAD_758.exe from www.cisco.com

The client comes from the Server install.

http://:8088/TUP/CAD/Install.htm

Download either the agent or supervisor and install.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: