Internet Access Restrictions on RVS4000?

Unanswered Question
May 18th, 2010

I configured 2 Internet Access Policies on an RVS4000 with Firmware 1.3.1.0 to block access to social networking sites, one for the morning and a second for the afternoon. Lunch time is not restricted by a policy.

After several days of experimentation, I have discovered the following:

1. If 2 policies are enabled, all internet access is denied. All policies must be disabled to enable access again.

2. If 1 policy is enabled to deny access to a site, it will work for the first user (that is, the user will be blocked). If a second user attempts to access the site, all internet access is denied.The only recourse at that point is to disable the policy.

I'm sure this cannot be "by design", and I am equally sure that I cannot be the only user to experience this quirky behavior.

Can anyone explain the correct way to implement Access Restrictions? Some gray areas are: can policy times overlap or do they need to leave the 5 minute gap? Do forbidden domains need "www." prefix?

BTW, the same behavior occurs on our WRT56G2, except times are in 12-hour format and border on useless.

Thanks for any help on this.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content