Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1(5) - Caller ID Not accurate

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Have a CUCM 7.1(5) box with 2921 H323 gateways and PRI's to the PSTN.  I have set my external Phone number mask to the standard format AAABBBCCCC.  When I tell the route pattern or route list to use the phones external mask I see the Calling party as AAABBAAABBBCCCC when it is leaving my gateway to the PSTN.  I see the same thing on both gateways and all 4 PRI's.  If I hard set the CallerDN on the gatways in CUCM I get AAABBAAABBBCCC when the call leaves the gateway to the PSTN.  Not even sure where to start looking at this one.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like there is a possibility that you are prefixing digits on the calling party IE at the gateway.  This would be done via translation-rules/translation-profiles on the voice gateway itself.

Look for a translation profile that is using a translation rule for the "calling" party in your IOS config.

You could also check DNA on the CUCM to see if the calling party transform is occurring somewhere else.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like there is a possibility that you are prefixing digits on the calling party IE at the gateway.  This would be done via translation-rules/translation-profiles on the voice gateway itself.

Look for a translation profile that is using a translation rule for the "calling" party in your IOS config.

You could also check DNA on the CUCM to see if the calling party transform is occurring somewhere else.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yup, someone had "helped" me by adding the translation rules.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: