Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Conferencing - How does it work?

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I realise that SRST conferencing can be configured using "max-conferences" under "call-manager-fallback", but how does the phone locate the DSP resouces when in SRST mode?

Does it rely on the MRG details that applied while the site was still connected to Call Manager, or does the SRST router send a specific DSP resouce to use within the Skinny signalling? Is there any way to change the location of the DSP resources during SRST mode, or does the SRST router have to run it's own Skinny Conference Bridge?

Many thanks to anyone who can supply some insight.

Regards

James.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SRST assumes the CFB is located on the same router, if the phones are in SRST that means they do not rely on CUCM for anything.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

Are you sure? I just checked with a colleague and read this online:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps2169/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e1e79.html

That suggests that you don't need any DSP resources in SRST (other than E1/T1 termination) since the only supported conferencing uses the IP Phone's internal bridge.

Is this correct?

Regards

James.

I'll double check, if anyone know better feel free to jump in

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

For SRST , only Router software based conference is suported. That means only 3 users per conference. The "maximun .." command is for choosing how many of this type of conferences you can have.

The stream are mixed on the router IOS and no DSP are needed. Only G711ulaw is supported.

Regards

- Alex