I have a got a WVC2300 and I want to integrated it to the wireless network of my uc500. I read through the WVC2300 admin guide and found the following instructions:
NOTE The wireless settings are only found on the WVC2300 camera.
• SSID—Enter the network’s SSID or network name here. The default SSID name is ciscosb.
• Network Type—From the drop-down list, select the network’s mode, Infrastructure or Ad-hoc.
• Channel No—If the camera is set to Ad-hoc mode, select the appropriate channel from the list provided to correspond with your network settings. All
devices in your wireless network must use the same channel in order to function correctly. In Infrastructure mode, you cannot specify a channel
setting on the camera. It is automatically configured to match the device your camera is connected to.
• Security—Click Edit Security Settings to display the Wireless Security window.
• Security Mode—Select the appropriate option based on your wireless network configuration. The options are Disabled, WEP, WPA/WPA2 Personal, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise.
When I am looking through the Setup Page, I find the SSID and the security option, but no Network type and Channel Option (see picture attached).
I using the latest firmware 22.214.171.124.
If I am not able to switch from adhoc to infrastructure mode, how could I integrated the WVC2300 into my UC500 wireless? By the way, when I reboot the cam to enable wireless mode, the ssid is not broadcasted as adhoc wireless.
Maybe somebody can assist me.